WHY BECOME A SUPPORTER?
The Australian Podcast Awards is the established national platform of recognition for excellence in the podcasting medium. It brings together industry players, as well as podcast producers, to celebrate their achievements.
Podcasting is expanding rapidly in Australia. This was demonstrated by more than 200 podcasts that entered the awards in 2017, and over 5,000 votes received in our Popular Vote category. By the time entries and voting close in 2018, those figures are expected to double.
Last year, the Australian Podcast Awards fielded entries from SBS, Fairfax, News Limited and Mamamia, as well as entertainers like Wil Anderson and Osher Gunsberg, and the best of all Australian independent podcasters.
By becoming a support of the Austrlian Podcast Awards, you will connect with thousands of podcasters and their fans in Australia and around the world.
2017 BY numbers
- 200+ podcasts entered
- 5,000+ fan votes in Popular Vote category
- 220 attendees at the event
- Participation by ABC, SBS, 2SER, AFTRS, Fairfax, News Limited, Mamamia and the Sydney Opera House.
in 2018, we expect NATIONAL media coverage, and increased involvement from 2017's industry participants
- 400+ podcasts to enter
- 10,000+ fan votes in Popular Vote category
- 250 attendees at Melba Spiegeltent
WHO WILL YOU REACH?
Australian-developed podcasts have a dedicated and engaged following, with podcasting experiencing a massive global reach.
- Just over half of Australians 18-75 claim to have listened to a podcast (ABC Podcast Research, 2017)
- 16% of those same Australians claimed to have listened to a podcast in the last week (ABC Podcast Research, 2017)
- The podcast listener is an affluent, educated consumer (Edison Research, 2017)