The entry guidelines below are taken from our entries platform, which is hosted on a service called Award Force. To begin your entry at any point, find it here.
- The process takes about 20 minutes
- You will be asked to upload up to 2 episodes of your podcast
- You can save and come back to your entry, or even make changes after you've finished it, any time before 14th February 2019.
How do I enter?
- Podcasts need to be self-nominated
- There is a fee to enter most categories
- We do not jury-nominate, or accept nominations from third-parties, eg fans
- Final dealine is 14 February 2019
What are the steps?
- Create an account, confirm your email
- Log in, click 'Start Podcast Entry'
- Select a category
- Enter your podcast name
- Answer some quick questions, and hit 'Save + next'
- Work through the fields in the tabs
- When you get to the end of the last tab, hit 'Submit Podcast Entry'
Please make sure all your personal details are entered accurately, including contact details, as this will be used in the awards presentation if selected as a finalist.
To save time when entering a podcast into additional categories, you can use the ‘copy’ feature to create a copy of your entry and change the category as required.
- From November 1 to November 30, Earlybird Fees apply: $30 for your first entry, and $22.50 when entering that same podcast into additional categories.
- From December 1 until February 1, Standard Fees apply: $40 for your first entry, and $30 when entering that same podcast into additional categories.
- From February 1 until February 14, Last Minute Fees Apply: $45 for your first entry, and $33.75 when entering that same podcast into additional categories.
A merchant fee will be applied to entries paid by Visa, MasterCard and American Express. These fees will be added to your total and outlined in the payment summary.
Popular Vote Category
If you opt in to the Popular Vote category during the above process, please know that public voting for the Popular Vote category is not opening until 10 January 2019. It will then be open until 11:59pm (AEST) on 14 February.
Other Free Categories
Once you have entered a podcast into a paid category, there are two categories that you can enter for free. They are Best Audiogram, Presented by Headliner, and Diversity & Inclusion in Podcasting.
- Entire month of November 2018 - Earlybird entries open
- 1 December 2018 until 11:59pm (AEST) on 31 January 2019 - Standard entries open
- 1 February until at 11:59pm (AEST) on 14 February 2019 - Last minute entries open
Public Voting Periods
- 1 November 2018 until 10 January 2019 - Public voting open for Best Audiogram category
- 10 January 2019 until at 11:59pm (AEST) on 14 February - Public voting open for Popular Vote category
Other Dates to Diarise
- 21 March 2019 - Finalists announced
- Saturday 18 May 2019 - Australian Podcast Awards ceremony